[freeroleplay] Re: JAGS as the Official FRPGC RPG

  • From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:43:36 -0000 (GMT)

Ricardo Gladwell said:
> Dear All,
>
> With the publication of JAGS-2 under the FDL I can't help turning my
> mind to the question of making JAGS the official roleplaying system of
> the FRPGC. Development on FRINGE continues slowly (I didn't realise
> creating an RPG was so tricky) and there are several advantages to
> JAGS-2, most notably that it is a professional, complete and tested RPG
> that's ready to go. That means we can start re-publishing it, perhaps
> creating an full-colour version with free content images.

I have no problem with this. Where would you get free content
images from? Not being an artist, images have always been
something my content has lacked.

> There are several disadvantages to tying ourselves in with JAGS, most
> notably that it is licensed under the FDL which, apart from not being
> the official FRPGC licese, also means that we wouldn't be able to write
> GPL'd software for it. I'm sure Marco would be more than happy to
> re-license under the GPL but we would need to verify this.

On a related note, since the arrival of a UK version of
the creative commons license, I've been thinking of possibly
moving Yags over to this. Can't recall whether this is
compatible with the GPL or not.

--
Sam.                                http://www.glendale.org.uk