[freeroleplay] Re: JAGS as the Official FRPGC RPG

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:57:44 +0000

Jerry Stratton wrote:
> At 11:20 AM +0000 on 11/11/04, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
>>With the publication of JAGS-2 under the FDL I can't help turning my
>>mind to the question of making JAGS the official roleplaying system of
>>the FRPGC. Development on FRINGE continues slowly (I didn't realise
>>creating an RPG was so tricky) and there are several advantages to
>>JAGS-2, most notably that it is a professional, complete and tested RPG
>>that's ready to go. That means we can start re-publishing it, perhaps
>>creating an full-colour version with free content images.
>
> Sounds like a great idea--the question is, who are the most likely content
 > providers going to be, and is JAGS something that they will enjoy working
 >with and enjoy playing. I suspect that puts you at the top of the
list. Who
 > else has contributed to FRINGE?

If we were to go the "JAGS-2" route we would be providing content for it
ourselves, published under the GPL/FPL. For example, we would create
fantasy/sci-fi supplements as well as setting material.

I have to admit, I prefer the dice mechanics in FRINGE and it will
always be my "baby". Quite a few others on this list have contributed to
FRINGE with ideas and criticisms.

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community