[freeroleplay] Re: JAGS as the Official FRPGC RPG

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:44:17 +0000

Samuel Penn wrote:
> I have no problem with this. Where would you get free content
> images from? Not being an artist, images have always been
> something my content has lacked.

Having some (small) design skillz I was thinking about trying to create
something myself. Plus, there may be free content image resources
already out there.

> On a related note, since the arrival of a UK version of
> the creative commons license, I've been thinking of possibly
> moving Yags over to this. Can't recall whether this is
> compatible with the GPL or not.

I don't know but I would assume not. It isn't listed on the FSF's list
of GPL-compatible licenses, although the FSF does recommend it for
non-software, non-documentation media. However, consdering the FSF don't
believe their freedoms should apply to non-software content that's not
really a great indorsement. I think it would be an idea to contact the
FSF directly and ask them.

Certainly, from the perspective of the FSF I'm dubious as to the
"freeness" of the Attribution-Sharealike CCPL. I'm still unsure if the
CCPL requires a modifiable copy be made available and have yet to hear a
convincing argument that it does. Again, some research, perhaps even
contacting the Creative Commons, might be required.

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community