[freeroleplay] Re: At Last: New Site (Long)

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:44:38 +0100

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 08:44 -0700, Jerry Stratton wrote:
> > http://www.frpgc.org/
>
> It looks great.

Thanks, I'm glad everyone seems to like it.

> The Paypal link appears to be a link to localhost:
>
> http://localhost/files/paypal.gif
>
> So it may  only be showing up on your computer.

Whoops! Fixed now. Ta :)

> The colors are definitely pink. But I think the pink dice look very
> authentic, and make pink good for the rest of the icons also.

Thanks, I must admit, I do like it too: it's pink but not cloying

> iPick suggests, for example, that if the primary color is FF9D9A, that
> other colors useful for a theme with that color are B36E6C, FFBF9A, and
> B3866C. These might be useful for the "syndicate" images. (Kind of like
> your FRPGC button; I notice that is FF828A, which suggests B35B61, FF591C,
> and B33E14. I'm not sure I agree with that...)

Sounds like a nifty piece of software. Unfortunately, I don't have Mac
OS X but if there is a Linux-based equivalent please let me know. Thanks
for the colour suggestions: I have to admit, looking at the site, the
font colours and RSS buttons do jar with the rest of the design. I'll
certainly examine those colour suggestions above and work on revising
the CSS appropriately. Please stay tuned.

> But if it is too pink, a bright blue or a bright green--or some carefully
> chosen selection of colors resembling real dice--might also work out. It's
> a really nice logo, though. It's a great job.

Thanks, I am proud of the logo. And it was all done with free
software :) I was actually thinking of making the logo redder rather
than pink.

> Nice that you read the article! I suppose I should pull out one of the
> extra old-school books I've been saving for promotions, and turn the
> guessing into a contest. It wasn't obscure at the time, but it might be
> now.

Not at all, well-written content, especially pictures, make for good
copy.

> I'll definitely be subscribing to the "All" feed as soon as I get home.

Cool :)

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free RPG Community