[freeroleplay] Re: Advantages

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Sep 2003 15:25:35 +0100

Hi Sam,

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 15:03, Samuel Penn wrote:
> I've actually removed all the
> personality based ones, since I've never been particularly happy
> with them.

I'd be interested to know how the personality traits worked before?

> It also prevents the issue of players creating characters which
> have too many social problems to work well with the rest of the
> group.

This sounds like a sound idea rather than allowing players to load up on
psychological disadvantages.

> http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/games/yags/core/advantages.html

Good work on the advantages and disadvantages section: the rules are
simple yet flexible enough. Instead of having complex levels of
advantages, you only give +/- 1 modifiers, making the system that much
more simpler. The rest of the miscellaneous ads/dis are equally good.
The only thing I would say is that seperating advantages into different
sections for bonus-type and misc-type might make finding specific
advantages/disadvantages difficult.

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community