[freelists-users] Re: web-based subscriber form, parte deux

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:45:14 -0500

> I was with LB too, and they had one other thing that was
> nice, a breakdown of members' demographics.  Would that be
> possible with freelists?  We have members from at least 30
> other countries....would be nice to see a record of that.  :)

Well, collecting personal information is something we intentionally
*avoid* for obvious reasons.  I kinda like the idea of collecting
demographics (probably half of our lists are not in the USA), but it's
still a bit beyond the scope of our "directive."  All of the information
collected would be completely voluntary anyway, so whatever info you
collect won't necessarily have any scientific value.

We'll mull it over for a bit.  For now, there are more pressing issues on
the horizon, which I'll probably be making an annoucment about on Monday
or Tuesday.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA