[freelists-users] Re: web-based subscriber form, parte deux

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:01:04 -0500

> Are we supposed to get an email when we manually sign them up from the
> management console?  I recently migrated 240 users over to Free Lists
> and I never received email confirmation on any of them.  I did get about
> 15 bounces back, which was great though.  Seeing that ListBot had never
> removed them because of the bounces.

No, you won't receive reports on those because by default, the option
'admin-silentsubscribe' is set.  This is to prevent people from getting
that initial 10,000 emails when they import their mailing lists.  It
causes a huge amount of traffic all at once, and usually fills their
mailbox, causing bounces on their account, more traffic, etc.

If you'd like to receive notifications when you subscribe users manually
though, feel free to turn that option off.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA