[freelists-users] Re: rejected 552 content error

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:56:27 -0500

>  We're having postings rejected from a regular AOL
>  subscriber, with an error # 552.  After some dili-
>  gent poking around I'm thinking this is an incom-
>  patible `content-type' or character set:

>  Does anyone know?  Has this come up before, and
>  are there instructions for various common browser
>  types (including AO*) to get more compatible with
>  FreeLists?  Also, if I'm right here, isn't this (&
>  shouldn't this) all go UNICODE in the near future?

I was under the impression that this fellow's problem was related to a
virus-indicating header in his incoming messages, but that isn't the case
if you're sure those are the headers causing the problem.

Do you know why it is that that charset is incompatible?  I haven't heard
of any particular encoding being dropped.

John

- FreeLists Staff