[freelists-users] Re: attachment symptoms

  • From: "Evgeny S. Pobegalov" <thorax@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike LaBonte <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 02:21:48 +0400

Mike LaBonte wrote:

ML> I  configured a list to allow attachments, and the only symptom so
ML> far is that posts with attachments went to some, but not all users
ML> (about  20 users total). Some did not receive the posts at all. Is
ML> this  how  it  fails  when attachments are passed through, or do I
ML> have some other problem?

As  for me, I've also configured a list to accept any attachment - and
today  I  just have tested this opportunity. A JPG file returned to me
safe  and sound, but two attempts of sending a ZIP archive failed in a
rather strange manner: archive files are in good readable condition in
the  list  archive,  but  I received them to my mailbox in a corrupted
condition  -  fully  unreadable.  Never  before  has  my  mail  server
experienced problems with ZIP-files...

Could anybody explain me the reasons of this strange failure?

--
Evgeny S. Pobegalov
St. Petersburg, Russia

06.04.2002  2:14