[freelists-users] Re: Modpost

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:17:29 -0400

Good evening All

Just a short note to conclude my original post.  I took Marks
suggestion of using Netscape email with the extended word wrap he
suggested for Modpost.  I simply set up netscape mail to be able
to send just modposts,  all I have to do is a simply copy/paste
of the original message into a new message in netscape  edit and
send and all is good, I set up the email as a template that is
already preaddressed and subject line entered (so I know what
list it is for).  It works Wonderfully!  It is one extra step,
but considering the alternatives its not a problem and it means
freelists can do everything I need it to in regards to moderated
postings.

Now if only someone could tell me how to make a shortcut/desktop
icon directly to netscapes message centre id be all set.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.   Some of them may
not have helped me but I am sure they also helped others.

Christy

On 4/22/02 at 9:22 PM Mark Brandt wrote:

>Hi Christy,
>       I just went thru this myself and found that netscape mail works
good if
>you set the message wrapping to the maximum in your preferences
menu.
>Before you forward and modify the modpost, go to the preference
menu
>under edit. Turn incoming wrap off and set outgoing wrap to the
max. I
>usually just change it to 1172. The modposts go thru fine then.
After