[freeezinecontent] The Biggest Reason To Start A Blog...(and it's not what you think!)

  • From: Steve Robichaud <articles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeEzineContent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:10:38 -0400

Article Title:  The Biggest Reason To Start A Blog...(and it's not what you
think!)
Article Author:  Steve Robichaud
Article Copyright: 2004

Article URL:
   http://ThePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/r/reasons-2-start-a-blog.shtml

Article Autoresponder:
   mailto:reasons-2-start-a-blog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author Contact Email:
   mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
Word Count: 660 words

This article was written by Steve Robichaud.
The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com is
in the actual distribution of this article to you.

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
publishing this article are:

* You must leave the resource box unedited. Minor editing to the
  article is permitted, only for the purpose of correcting any
  overlooked spelling or grammar problems. You are not allowed
  to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed to change
  the context of the article.

* You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
  Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

* We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
  that contains the article inside to the author at:
  mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
  in the body of the article and most especially in the Author's
  Resource Box as hyperlinks. We request that you also send us a
  copy of the URL where you have posted this article.

If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

Thank you for adhering to these four very simple rules.

The Biggest Reason To Start A Blog...(and it's not what you think!)
Copyright © 2004, Steve Robichaud
Blogging Help for Me
http://blogging.help-for-me.com

Even people who don't own a computer know what blogging is.
Everyone is talking about it. Heck, even the Doonesbury comic
strip ran a few panels on the subject. Anna Kournikova even has
a blog for crying out loud!

But did you know that there is a secret benefit to blogging
that has NOTHING to do with the subject matter? In fact, you
could blog on about the sex life of the Tasmanian fruit fly and
still reap big rewards.

Yep, just like nearly everything else on the Internet, there's
money to be made with blogging IF you know the secret...

OK, OK. I'll tell you, but first let's take a quick ride in the
wayback machine and see how blogging came to be as popular as
it is today.

Back at the dawn of the World Wide Web, new web sites were a
rarity. Geekie guys and girls struggled with the new technology
and the launch of a new page, A new web site was practically a
media event. In the early days of the Internet, each new page
was a cause for celebration.

In 1992, Tim Berners-Lee, the scientist generally credit with
inventing the World Wide Web (and you thought it was Al Gore,
I'll bet), created the first What's New page. Later, another
Internet legend, Marc Andreesen, put up his own page. Both of
these men created hot links to all of the new pages springing
up on the net.

As the World Wide Web came into its own, a new breed of
programmer, called a Web Master (because they had mastered the
World Wide Web) created their own pages that contained
suggestions on cool web sites to visit. Because they didn't
list every single new web site, just the ones that they thought
were interesting, they were said to have filtered the net. In
1998, Jorn Barger, a bit of an odd duck, even by Internet
pioneer standards, first used the term 'weblog' to describe his
blog called 'Robot Wisdom'.

As bloggers banded together to form communities, people sought
easier and faster ways to create blogs. As a result, automated
and easy to use blogging programs such as Blog-In-A-Box were
developed so that even a half-dazed wallabie can put up a blog
in between munching on stalks of grass.

But why in the world would you WANT to run a blog if you have
an income-generating site?

Surely your customer isn't interested in reading about your
trials and tribulations of the daily business grind, right?
Probably not. However, if you can build a blog that catches
their attention, such as where the fish are biting if you sell
fishing supplies, they WILL come. And so will the surprise that
I mentioned earlier.

You see, among your visitors to your blog will be a software
program known as a spider. Not just any spider, mind you, but
the granddaddy of all search engine spiders -- the Google
spider. You see, Google LOVES to index blogs. Yep, it's true.
And that, as soon-to-be inmate Martha would say, is a good
thing.

In a nutshell, Google loves pages that have links to other
pages. Blogs link to all kinds of stuff. Google loves pages
that are linked FROM other pages. A good blog gets lots of
links to it as loyal readers tell everyone they know to put
links to their favorite blog on their web site.

Finally, Google loves fresh content. An active blog's content
can change minute by minute, but at least it's almost guaranteed
to change daily.

So, if you can find a decent subject to blog about, and you can
get a blog up and running quickly and easily, you just might be
amazed at what happens to your site's page rank in a few weeks
or more.

Listen, with tools like Blog-In-A-Box available to get you
going, there really is no reason NOT to get blogging!

Good luck from a couple of fellow bloggers.

Resource Box:
Steve Robichaud and Andrew Wroblewski have been involved in
online sales and marketing since 1996. To get help on starting
your own blog, visit: http://blogging.help-for-me.com
email: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For more articles by this author, please visit:

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Steve_Robichaud