[freeezinecontent] You hate my product? Great! (Turning Negatives into Positives)

  • From: Keith Bryan <articles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeEzineContent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:55:34 -0400

Article Title:  You hate my product? Great! (Turning Negatives into Positives)
Article Author:  Keith Bryan
Article Copyright: 2004

Article URL:

http://ThePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/b/turning-negatives-positive.shtml

Article Autoresponder:
   mailto:turning-negatives-positive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author Contact Email:
   mailto:keithbryan@xxxxxxx

Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
Word Count: 508 words

This article was written by Keith Bryan.
The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com is
in the actual distribution of this article to you.

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
publishing this article are:

* You must leave the resource box unedited. Minor editing to the
  article is permitted, only for the purpose of correcting any
  overlooked spelling or grammar problems. You are not allowed
  to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed to change
  the context of the article.

* You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
  Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

* We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
  that contains the article inside to the author at:
  mailto:keithbryan@xxxxxxx

* If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
  in the body of the article and most especially in the Author's
  Resource Box as hyperlinks. We request that you also send us a
  copy of the URL where you have posted this article.

If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

Thank you for adhering to these four very simple rules.

You hate my product? Great! (Turning Negatives into Positives)
Copyright © 2004, Keith Bryan
Work at Home 101
http://www.workathome-101.net

Over the course of time there's a lot of valuable lessons I've
learned about business.  One of the most important is WHO to
take business advice from.  Should you listen to your fans?
How about your family?  My advice is..... always listen to
your critics!

No matter what business you are in there are always going to
be three kinds of people associated with you.

 1. People that love your product/service

 2. People that think you are "ok"

 3. and people that think you are the worst thing on the
    planet

While I love to get mail from my fans telling me how great I
am, if I had to pick just one of these groups to get feedback
from it would undoubtedly be #3.  Why?  Because they will tell
you the truth.  They say all the things that you don't want to
hear..... which is everything you need in order to improve!

If you plan on running a great business you NEED people to tell
you what you're doing wrong.  As much as it might hurt the ego
to have anything negative said about your business, chances are,
if they are thinking it there are others just like them out
there that never told you.

These people will tell you many important details you may never
get elsewhere like......

    Why they don't like your product / service.....

    What you could do to make them like it....

    Other services like yours that are "better"

    That you are a bad person and they don't like you

With the exception of that last one these are things every
business owner would love to know.  This brings me to my next
point.

Don't listen to people that target YOU, only the ones that have
something valuably negative to say about your business.  Here
are two sample comments..... both negative but only one will
cause me to think......

1.  "You obviously have no talent..... my third grade kid could
    do that better!"

2.  "Your product seemed to crash every time I tried to use it.
    Not to mention the colors were horrible! I will never buy
    from you again!"

The first comment will cause one reaction....... Delete!  The
second statement, although also negative, identifies the reason
that the customer was unhappy with the service they received.
This is the kind of e-mail I hope to get!  Believe me........
you want to know WHY people don't like your product.

The next step is to take all these comments and find any common
theme.  If several people have the same complaint it's probably
something you want to look into fixing.  Keep in mind that no
matter how great it is, there will always be someone that
doesn't like it.  This is why you should try to focus on the
common dissatisfactions from your customers (or non customers).

I think you get the idea.  The point is..... When you get an
e-mail that is negative, turn it into a positive!  Turn your
weaknesses into your strengths and watch you business grow
from it.

Good luck!

Resource Box:
Keith Bryan has over 9 years experience in both Internet
and other forms of advertising and marketing.  For more
information, tips, tricks, hot products and articles check
out http://www.workathome-101.net or e-mail us at
ezine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For more articles by this author, please visit:

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Keith_Bryan