Sacrifice sale: Bexley Dionysus, Omas Milord, Aurora 88, Bexley Sheherazade

  • From: PoohcornerPens@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:02:54 EDT

The title line says it all. I'm sacrificing some  of my babies to pay bills
and such. So, your help in re-homing these pens would  be most appreciated.
This is certainly not an isolated story; many folks have or  had similar
problems. I'm not asking for a fund raiser; just trying to sell some  pens.
Please, no trade offers as I need the cash. Payment by check/money order
would be appreciated but PayPal is OK too.

I'll pay shipping both in the  US (insured) and internationally (uninsured
Priority flat rate envelope).

I've tried to make the prices reasonable, realizing that everyone wants  a
bargain, but as I hope most folks understand, I can't just give the pens
away  either. Or at least, I won't give them away. As many folks have said "I
stills  has me dignity".

I just posted photos on the Pentrace green board but I  can email you
photos if you like.

Email me at  poohcornerpens@xxxxxxx
Thanks and blessings your way,
Jim

1. Bexley  LE Dionysus, #7 of 23, (Mickey Mantle's number) from my buddy
Bryant Greer. This  one really pains me to let go but it was on the short list
of 4 that I culled  from my meager collection. This one has a nice Bexley
stub and is made from the  diminishing Tibaldi celluloid.

Based on the Poseidon Magnum platform,  this one has the Pilot push button
filler built in and it fills very nicely and  writes like a dream.

Retail on this pen, without the tweeks, is $425.  This one would be closer
to $500 I'd say. Bry is/was selling them for the $370  range.

I'm asking a pretty firm $300 for this one. It has been filled  once, comes
with the boxes and warranty just like new.

2. Pretty standard  black Omas Milord from the later 1990's. This is the
smaller version, not to be  confused with the updated Milord line. The pen is
a piston filler and has a  broad nib that Greg M. ground to a very nice and
smooth stub. I'd call it more  of an italic stub with the way I write.

Comes with box, paperwork. Pen  was filled once.

Retail on the pen is $425 and with the nib work it would  be well over
$500. You can find this pen here and there, although the piston  filled model
is
scarce, for just under $300.

I'm asking a very reasonable  $250 for this one.

3. Here's my previously listed Aurora 88. This model  is the very latest
with the black flat bottom barrel, but still has the domed  cap. The cap is
gold plated (not solid gold).

As I mentioned in an  earlier post, the nib is a factory Aurora italic stub
that I could have better  used to nail boards together. Greg did his magic,
retipping the pen and grinding  a nice stub (more like an italic stub). It
has been filled once.

Retail  on the pen is close to $500. Add the nib work and you're looking at
about $600  or so. New you can find them for under $400. Comes with box and
 warranty.

I'm asking just $250 for this one.

4. The final entry in  this sweepstakes is a long out of production Bexley
Sheherazade piston filled  fountain pen in Tortoise. It has been filled once
by me and a couple of times by  the previous owner. No box or paperwork
with this one. I might have another  Bexley box somewhere; have to look.

The pen has a stub nib that I  smoothed just a tad. As far as I can see
there is no leakage past the piston to  the bottom of the barrel. Some folks
fret over that with demonstrator type  pens.

I've seen these sell lately, quite easily for $225, which is what I  paid
plus shipping. I'll sell this one for $210 and will include shipping as I
mentioned.

Thanks again!
Jim

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.