Re: Now with PIC. Happy David at the NY Pen Show. Found a different old Sheaffer flat-top

  • From: "isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:37:26 +0000

OK.

Here is pic of the pen (limited shot, as I'm traveling and don't have my light kit with me)

For comparison. Here is what I expect from orange (coral red) plastic from SHeaffer in the 1920's.

GF Trim. Presence of cap-band. Usually 3-25 model (early ones were 46 Special).

http://vacumania.com/websitesalespics/pen1686sm.jpg ;

http://vacumania.com/websitesalespics/pen1926sm.jpg

This pen however, of about same diameter as the 3-25, is shorter than the long clip pen, it is bandless with a single thin groove in the cap. The trim is chrome tone , not GF. The section and nib suggest 1935+ ish styling, whilst the barrel suggest earlier issue, though I can imagine how the early and late mesh and in any case the date of the section assembly is less key to what is interesting about the pen.

Anyway, here i the new pen. I don't recall it being catalogued.  Info of course welcomed.

http://vacumania.com/penteech/sheafferflattopredchrometrim.jpg

regards

david