Happy David at the NY Pen Show. Found a different old Sheaffer flat-top

  • From: "isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pens@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 04:32:07 +0000

Whilst i make no claims to wootonian expertise regarding celluloid
flat-top Sheaffers from the 1920's-1930's, I do own a fair bunch, have
sold a share, have read most of the available catalogue copies  out
there (and recall some of the data contained within),  and have
examined many hundreds if not thousands in person (at pen shows) and
on ebay during the last 10 years or so.

So you can imagine my happiness at finding a previously
unseen-by-me  Coral Red (sort of a Duofold Orange) celluloid flat-top
Sheaffer here at the New York/New Jersey Pen Show.   Indeed, i
promptly showed it to that Sheaffer Guy from NJ who dedings "51" caps,
and he too had no recollection of seeing one before.   Showed it to
a couple pen dealers from the east coast who have been in the game
longer than I have... nope, not a familar pen.

So, as part of a trade, i sent a lovely painted John Holland pen over
to the table held by that  pen author guy from Albany and took
possession of this nice orange Sheaffer.

Exotic little Sheaffer. Perhaps it is catalogued, and we just don't
recall.  But, it goes into my personal collection.  Such a weird
pen.  Just add this tale to the charm of going to pen shows. Nothing
like it.

Thanks for reading my tale of pen happiness.

regards

david

that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions to complete the process.