Fixing a broken Sheaffer MP

  • From: DDobrjansk@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 23:43:20 EDT

While doing some work for my taxation course my Sheaffer Seal MP basically
came apart.  The metal tip which retracts and then extends out of the  barrel
fell out and the lead refuses to feed.

I know I will in all likelihood have to send it to Sheaffer for repair, but
I am concerned that they will keep the MP send me either an equivalent
replacement or a refund.  Neither of which thrills me. If I were to tell  them
ship it back to me would they?  Or should I just circumvent the  process and
ask
if someone from the repair community has experience in this area  and can
help me.  I have the full set (FP, RB, BP and MP) and I am adamant  about
keeping
the set intact!

Thanks in advance,

- Dan D.