[foxboro] old-skool Micro I/A Profibus configuration tool

  • From: Mike_Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:44:48 -0500

Back in the early 2000's before the FBM 223, we installed a number of Micro
I/A processors running the ProfiBus PCMCIA cards.  Back then Foxboro
provided a little utility that (I think) ran on a PC to help ease the
configuration of a ProfiBus slave.  It kept you from having to tediously
work through the hex codes of the slave's .gsd file.  You ran the utility,
printed the results then typed in the info to the slave's ECB103 MDATxx
parameters in the ICC.

I have to add a new slave to one of those old ProfiBus networks, and of
course I can't find that old configuration tool anywhere here on site.

If anyone has that configurator and can email it to me, I'd appreciate it.
I'm assuming that Foxboro wouldn't have a problem with it, since we did pay
for it way back when.

Thanks,
Mike Adams
Mitsubishi Polyester Film, LLC