Re: [foxboro] HHT - PC20

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:16:12 -0600

Brian,

We use both the old DOS based PC10 for our older instruments (820s,
860s, RTT10s, CFT10s) and the new Pactware Field Device Tool based PC50
for new instruments that Foxboro supports with a DTM.  We sort of
skipped the PC20 generation.  I take it from your original posting that
you are trying to connect to instruments with PC20 while they are
connected to and communicating with the IA system FBM.  I have had mixed
results with this myself with both of our software packages.  Sometimes
it seems to work and sometimes not.  Generally we just schedule a time
when we can disconnect the instrument from the system when we need to do
any configuration.  I never knew anything about the INI files and I
would be interested in knowing if something similar exists for PC10 or
PC50.  Was there a specific document where you found this information?

On a related issue - we moved from V6 nodebus to V8 mesh a few years
ago.  I wrongly assumed that our V8 system would come with an instrument
configuration software package like or V6 system.  I now see that there
are versions of PC50 (K0201AV - PSS 21S-8A5-B3) and PC20 (K0201AB - IFDC
V3.0) available for IA V8 that will work with the instrument through the
FBM.  Is anyone using either of these on a mesh based system?

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
920-458-2121 x3366
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx