Re: [foxboro] system error in sequences

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:34:50 -0400

I agree with the WAIT statements.  Perhaps 3 in a row will work most of the
time but there could be cases where the Connectionless GET or SET occurs when
some other activity is going on like a SHRINK, UPLOAD or CHECKPOINT and you
still might fail with a limit of 3 in a row.
I always told my programmers that 2  per second was the limit - for the network
- and if you had more than one CP with sequence code and since CP's are not
synchronized, you could exceed the 2 per second limit. So I suggested 1 per
second in any sequence code and we never ran into the problem of failure to
make the connectionless data GET or SET.  I suspect the error is  -1 .
Terry