Re: [foxboro] system error in sequences

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:04:28 +0200

Hoi Tom,
Unfortunately I didn't write down the error number, but I'm pretty sure it
wasn't # 3. I even think it was a negative number. I'll make sure I record
the error number next time. The AUTSW or MANSW aren't used, and not
available to operators. As you and Gabriel have suggested, I changed the
code using user labels this time, even if it doesn't cure this problem
it's an improvement.

Thanks for the advice

Dirk

Dirk,
     You didn't say what the error number is that you are receiving.  If
it is 3 then the sequence is failing while trying to write a secured
variable and this indicates it is having trouble executing the line after
the one you suspect is causing your error.  AUTDSR cannot be written if
either of the following parameters are set.  MANSW or AUTSW.  This may not
be your problem but if the error you get is error # "3" I would be willing
to bet that it is.  If it is a different error then I would agree with
Gabriel.  Any direct read or write to a C:P:B pararameter from sequence
code essentially causes a wait while the sequence pauses for the response
to its request.  By linking to a BI or RI parameter the sequence gets the
value before it executes the code and doesn't have to wait for a response
to an OM call.
        If there are other sequences that use MANSW or AUTSW or if
operators have the ability to set those parameters it could be what is
causing your error as it tries to write AUTDSR.
       Either way, please let us know if/when you identify a solution.
Cheers,
Tom Vandewater