Re: [foxboro] installing OPC server

  • From: Ron Deen <r.deen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:12:08 +0200

=46rom what I remember:

When you have two boxes WIndows and an I/A Series UNIX box for example:

1 Install apiadmin on both platforms.
2 Find the hostid on the UNIX box (where the AIMAPI will reside) and get a=
=20
license for either OPCDA OR OPCHDA on that machinethat ( you should be able=
=20
to get a temp license to get things working)
3 on the UNIX box add the WIndows PC name as a user (there is a "users" tab=
 in=20
apiadmin) and assign the correct packages to that user (the PCname) This wi=
ll=20
allow any user on the OPC machine to connect to AIMAPI on the UNIX box.

You should be able to get things working.
There is some additional info and screenshots in the OPC manual on Cassandr=
a.

Hope this helps so Good Luck

Regards

Ron Deen