Re: [foxboro] foxboro Digest V8 #18

  • From: Rguercio@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 01:25:44 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2008 09:11:39 Central Standard Time,
From:  "Weiss, Andreas" <Andreas.Weiss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "Do all   of the alarms show up in the Current
> Alarm Display" on your  specific  workstation but won't=20
> initiate a  light

 I just wanted to thank Andreas Weiss for clueing me in to the command  that
lights any particular button on the annunciator panel from the command  line.
That proved that my board was actually alive.  I then dug  deeper and
discovered that someone had changed the original CP station blocks  recently
without
telling anyone to exclude the particular stationI was working  on (the only
one that had been changed, of course), and after making the alarms  report to
the proper alarm station, suddenly everything was working.  I was  so sure this
station was configured like several others near it that I broke the  primary
rule of checking first things first, especially when you are not the  only
person messing with configurations.  Thanks everyone for the hints and
utilities.
 I stand chastened and re-educated.  Rick  Guercio

RGC
12803 Josey Creek Ct.
Cypress, TX 77433
713-805-8742  cell