Re: [foxboro] urfs_xserver

  • From: "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:01:10 -0600

Thanks to those who responded to my question.  Wanted to give an update on what
was found that was causing my problem.

I noticed after watching this for a couple of days that the urfs_xserver
processes were occurring each day at the same time period.  This lead me to a
script that was running each day I was using to check workstation statistics
based on the old "checkit" script from Angel Corbera's website.  In that script
is a check for core files:
find / -fstype urfs -prune -o -name core -ls .  This worked great on our old
Version 6.3 system, but when we changed to Version 7.1.1 for some reason when
this ran on some WPs it would cause this entry on the host AW which eventually
caused the problem I described below.  The script was modified to check for
core files as follows:

find / -xdev -name core -exec file {} \;
find /usr -xdev -name core -exec file {} \;
find /opt -xdev -name core -exec file {} \;
find /var -xdev -name core -exec file {} \;

The problem has not occurred since the modification.

Thanks,
Jim
>>> "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx> 1/10/2008 7:48 AM >>>
Thanks for the information...we do have a similar setup with AW51 hosting
multiple WP51's and the WP's call up some remote draw applications.  That gives
me something to look for.

Jim
>>> goy tal <goy_tal@xxxxxxxxx> 1/10/2008 1:28 AM >>>
Dear Jim;

  a similar case was reported to EMEA TAC and the possible answer is in SAP
300092759.

  Answer:
  Has AW51 hosting 6 wp51's
  Each wp will have 0:00 /usr/fox/exten/urfs_xserver -m /etc/fox/dsamap
  running, also remote sessions will each have one running
  This process is used when the WP calls up a remote draw application
  Customer has been killing processes , this is ok since they will
  respawn when needed
  Possible large amount due to improperly closing exceed sessions
  Regards;

Jim Kahlden <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We had an issue with a 51F AW running 7.1.1 version software that would not
allow the use of the ICC on that AW. After looking at the show_params, it was
found that there were only 2 free CMX_NUM_CONNECTIONS available. Also noticed
that there were 64 instances of /usr/fox/exten/urfs_xserver -m /etc/fox/dsamap
running when using the ps -eaf command. After a reboot of the AW, the free
CMX_NUM_CONNECTIONS went to 67 and there was only one
/usr/fox/exten/urfs_xserver -m /etc/fox/dsamap running instead of the original
64 that was seen. Any ideas as to what can cause that many instances of the
urfs_xserver to be running?

Thanks,

Jim Kahlden
System Reliability Analyst