Re: [foxboro] What is tool for converting entire directories of FoxView displays to .G format?

  • From: "Russ Kaiser" <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:49:25 -0400

Everyone,

I guess I should point out one of the reasons I was swapping historian names
was to overwrite legacy historian references in "artifact code" garbage
located in the display files.

I use Foxray extensively.  One of the things it can track is historian
references in displays.  When we converted our DM displays to FoxView format
years ago, the conversion utility left large portions of dead text in our
displays for each group trend object it converted.  So, from within FoxDraw
or while live in FoxView, you could update the historian references, but the
dead text or "artifact code", for lack of a better phrase, would still have
the legacy historian name.  When Foxray processed these displays for its
database (it uses a .G code copy, BTW) it would erroneously interpret this
artifact reference as a valid historian reference.  This error made it look
like we had hundreds of display still connected to the legacy historians.

When I did a search and replace in the G code files, I didn't care if I was
replacing a real reference or an artifact reference, I wanted both removed.

Russ