Re: [foxboro] What is tool for converting entire directories of FoxView displays to .G format?

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:43:18 -0500

The Windows version of DEdit has a GUI within FoxDraw that you can use to
search and replace any text in any graphic you select, including the historian
name or anything else. It works pretty well. It pops up a Command window, runs
through some gyrations, and then tells you how many replacements it made in a
dialog box. I've used it quite a bit, although I always feel the need to check
that it actually replaced what I wanted it to replace. I still feel more secure
with the command line interface.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company | 19100 Ridgewood Parkway | San Antonio,
TX 78259
210-626-4929 (w) | 210-439-5914 (c) | timothy.lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx