Re: [foxboro] Save CAD or ALARM History To Text File via Command Prompt - FoxRay vs AMS

  • From: Hizamri Johari <hizamri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 09:41:30 +0800

Thanks Jerry + Rick...

I have recommended FoxRay before..

The customer has invested on Foxboro AMS software together with IA 8.8 (
already operational since Oct 2013 ), scheduled delivery for Mid 2014..

Their management is asking for weekly alarm reports, but both plants
with IA 8.8 are not able to fulfill this requirement at least until the
AMS is delivered...

That is why, I am seeking for a simple, inexpensive solution..

Thanks anyway...
God knows best..
Best Regards..
Hizamri

On 2/21/2014 1:25 AM, Jerry Bourgeois wrote:

Foxray is an excellent tool for this.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2/20/2014 10:42 PM, Rick Guercio wrote:

Fox Ray was made for you

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2014, at 12:24 AM, Hizamri Johari <hizamri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear List..
On IA 7.1.4 we are using the /usr/hstorian/almhist to collect monthly
alarms data ( using HH731 Guide )

According to older an posting
//www.freelists.org/post/foxboro/foxboro-AIM-questions :

    /If you are at 8.0 or later, the Alarm Manager reads the
    alarms from the AIM* database via the AIM*API. AIM* still writes the
    almhist file however.

    Kathy
    /

On our IA 8.8 the /usr/hstorian/almhist is not updating on all 3 AWs.. I
think the current alarm data are kept in /opt/aim/inst/xxxxxx/m*.fdb

Is there a command to extract the alarm data ( similar to HH731 concept
) which I can schedule via scripts or execute via command prompt..

Or a command to make the /usr/hstorian/almhist updating again..

Many thanks in advance..
God knows best..
Best Regards..
Hizamri