Re: [foxboro] Recommended practices for assigning Alarm Priorities

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:15:44 -0500

Corey,

As one who has spent the =A3's to get EEUMA Publication #191; it is well =
worth the pounds.

If you would like to get some reading on the topic, there is a large =
amount on the web. I would recommend downloading the following:

1. From Jan 2005 "Chemical Processing" - "Alarm Overload"

2. From Feb 2005 "Chemical Engineering" - "Alarm Management"

3. From "Measurement + Control" - "Alarm System Performance"

4. From "Measurement + Control" - "Alarm Management (EEUMA Guidelines in =
Practice)

5. From (British) HSE "Bransby Automation Report 166 / 1998"

6. From "Plant Automation Services" - "The Cost / Benefit of Alarm =
Management"

I am sure with the above key words, your google friend can get you the =
documents.
Please ignore any silly =3D20 characters that might get inserted by my =
email.
Hope this helps,

Terry Doucet