Re: [foxboro] Recommendations for setting I/A DCS and Triconex TriStation time by GPS or similar manner?

  • From: "Eweas, Alaa" <Alaa.Eweas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:58:11 -0400

Neil,
First:
You have to install GPS system in your MTK workstation (you may need to
change the system definition) this will synchronize your IA stations to
GPS clock

Second:
You take a RJ45/RJ45 cable from time strobe converter (it looks like a
small hub) to Triconex chassis Ethernet port (NET1 OR NET2) but this
port must be defined in Tristation as time synch port this will
synchronize your Triconex with same GPS clock that IA is synchronized
with

Best Regards

Alaa Hussein Eweas
Senior Application Engineer
Add. 195A, 267 New Maadi
P.N. 11741- Cairo, Egypt
Tel. (+2) 02 2754 9280 / 2520 2928
Fax  (+2) 02 2516 8855
Mob. (+2) 010 122 4050 , (+966) 56 388 9047

From: "Johnson, Alex P (IPS)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:11:21
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
TriStation time by GPS or similar manner?

I don't know. I'll find out.

Invensys Process Systems
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041