Re: [foxboro] Questions about Foxboro, Venix 2.1 and informix...

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:41:35 -0500

Re: Prelude

Prelude was an optional package. We don't sell it any more so if you
don't have it, you can't get it (at least not through normal channels).

Re: Hypothetical approach

Your suggested approach would work.

Re: cron

crontab is used to setup cron. The Venix manuals (a set of 6 blue bound
books if you have them) has the syntax. (PDF's didn't exist in the late
80s.)

If not, a good UNIX reference will help. Remember that Venix is UNIX
System V not BSD.

Re: Other options

If you can program, the C compiler and linker are on the PWs and APs.
With those tools and the API documentation, you could get the data with
a user written program.

This might be your only route.

Your

Regards,