[foxboro] Questions about Foxboro, Venix 2.1 and informix...

  • From: "Ernesto Castro" <erne.castro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:08:02 -0300

I have to do something in a Foxboro running Venix 2.1 and Informix. What i
have to do is to make some app that save the history of some variables and
send it over an ethernet network. I have never used Foxboro so I am quite
lost here.
I was thinking about making remotely (from a normal PC) queries in the
informix DB to retrieve the historics values that, supposedly, are stored in
the Informix DB. The first problem i found was that i werent able to access
to the informix db. I run isql in both the ap20 and the three pw workstation
and it show me no databases. How can i access to the db so?

The other thing is how to hook any point of this system to some network
technology used theese days. I read something about NodeBus being some kind
of ethernet modified. Is this possible to hook a normal pc with an ethernet
card to this nodebus and access the network of the ap20 and pw's?

Finally, i dont know if the historics values are stored in the informix db
or somewhere else. I found out that the alarm history is kept in a normal
txt file.

I would really appreciate any help you could give me about this. And
generally any information about foxboro and venix in general in order to
help me solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!