Re: [foxboro] Questions about Foxboro, Venix 2.1 and informix...

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:47:01 -0500

I don't have much time for a detailed answer, so the short answer:

Nodebus is 802.3, but not Ethernet. AP20 systems don't interface to
outside networks. You need an AW51 or AW70 that has two Ethernet ports
... One for nodebus, one for your network.

On the 51 or 70 box, you need AIM*API applications to access the
historian. Foxboro describes these on the website.

It's relatively easy to access historical data in I/A, it just costs
some money to get the hardware and software infrastructure to do it.

Best Regards,
Ken Heywood
Process Control Services, Inc.