Re: [foxboro] Maintaining Foxview displays on mixed Windows and Unix consoles

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:03:11 -0600

Did alarm history retrieval _ever_ work on Windows boxes?  I don't believe
it works on my v7 AW70.  I thought it had more to do with the lack of an
rmount protocol implementation on Windows than it did mesh/ATSs.

I still think that this can be made to work, however, using a different
file-sharing transport (CIFS/SMB).  When I get time I'm going to give it a
go on my system.  I'll wiki-ize it if I'm successful.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Joseph M. Riccardi" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/17/2008 06:44 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Maintaining Foxview displays on mixed Windows and Unix
consoles

I hate to dig up old issues, but did Patrick ever get any response to the
question about retrieving historical data across an ATS?  We will be
facing
this dilemma soon...
We also intend to start replacing WP51D's to windows boxes and will do
this
in groups of 4 because (as Invensys told us already a long time ago) of
the
common alarm group issue which does not work through the ATS. I did not
know
yet that alarm history retrieval also does not work through the Mesh (it
seems that they don't tell you everything or maybe I was not listening or
mist it because the meeting was held partly in french). Are there plans to
make this work in the future or are we forced to have a historian on a
Mesh
station?

Thanks

Joseph M. Riccardi, Inc.
DCS Services - Industrial Process Control

Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx