Re: [foxboro] Foxboro HHT50

  • From: "Hicks, Gaylon F" <gfhicks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:06:59 -0400

Hi Tom,

Have a seat while I vent.  We went down this path ourselves recently,
and found out some interesting things.

=3D> The HHT50 ONLY works in a lab environment with Foxcom transmitters.
It won't work if the transmitter is connected to an intelligent FBM,
such as an FBM18/FBM43/FBM243.  We didn't try it with HART.  This one
item is our biggest heartache.

=3D> You can't import anything from the old HHT/PC20 platforms.

=3D> You only have support for the newer I/A series transmitters - if =
you
have older 800 series transmitters, your are, how they say, SOL.  I put
in a product enhancement request (PER) to add this support, but even if
it existed, the other drawbacks of the HHT50 make it near useless for
us.

=3D> There is no upgrade path to a field configuration device (for =
Foxcom
anyway) of any sort.  The old HHT and PC20 software are it.=20

=3D> There is a really cool "Inkball" game on the HHT50 that is it's =
only
redeeming feature.

I would encourage anyone in the same boat that will be attending the
Users Conference in Boston this month to bring this up (discuss, whine,
complain - whatever you want to call it) with the Foxboro M&I folks
there.  There is a real need for some device/software to replace the old
PC20/HHT.  And by replace, I mean incorporate the same functionality.

Good luck,
Gaylon Hicks
TVA - Browns Ferry