Re: [foxboro] FBM200 series Modbus

  • From: "Mark Dumond" <mdumond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:58:29 -0400

Would you be willing to entertain another Modbus option?

We now have a software package available to integrate Foxboro I/A with
Modbus TCP/IP slave devices over Ethernet.
   1. The package executes on an AW51, or two AW51s if redundancy is
required
   2. The package communicates to the Modbus slave device through the second
Ethernet port of the AW51.
   3. If the Modbus device is serial (and not Ethernet), a standard
Ethernet-to-serial terminal server converter can be used.
   4. If the end device is Modbus Plus, a Modbus-to-Modbus+ bridge can be
used (there several available).
   5. The package is easy to setup and configure
   6. The throughput is excellent...  we have tested more than 1200
reads/writes in less than one second.
   7. The package supports all Modbus data types (Int, Long. Float, swapped,
etc)
   8. Best of all, the price is a fraction of the cost of using INT30
hardware and software.  Also, because the pricing is dependent on the number
of points required, this package is also a viable solution for smaller
applications.

We have a demo available if you want to try it out.  The demo is a full
functioning package, except it times out after one hour, and it limits the
number of points to 100.  We are in the process now of putting the demo on
our website to download, but I can email it to you if you want it sooner.
Package pricing will also be available on our website in the next week or
so, but I can also email that to you too if you want it sooner.

Thanks!
Mark Dumond
Sr App Engineer
FeedForward, Inc