Re: [foxboro] Cloning Sun Box

  • From: "Landry, Scott" <scott.landry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:45:46 -0500

Hi Ken,

 First of all I assume you are using a like 51E box. Foxboro shipped
 3 kinds that I know of, (E)260Mhz , (E1)360 Mhz and (E1+)450 Mhz.
 None are interchangable directly. I have heard of people interchanging
 the 360Mhz and 450Mhz but there is no CSC supported method as far as I=20
 know.

  Use:  psrinfo -v  (processor information) to see what you have.

 If the hard drive is a supported type (one that has a geometry layout
and=20
 format setup on the Day0 CDROM you can do the following;

 Day0 the hard drive BEFORE you restore the tape
 If the DAY0 scripts don't like your hard drive it will tell you.

 Boot cdrom

 Login: root

 ia_install AW51E

 If the ia_install does not like your hard drive you can make it look
like a=20
 Supported hard drive using the format command while booted up on the
CDROM.
 This is tedious and prone to mistakes and can take hours the perform.

 Best Regards,

  Scott L. Landry

  Region2 Field Service USA
  Invensys/Foxboro