Re: [foxboro] CHARC block BCALCO generation

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:07:35 -0500

Yes, I guess you are right.  For PRIBLK to be 1, the curve must be
continuously increasing or decreasing, so I guess if PRIBLK = 0, it
doesn't even bother trying to calculate the BCALCO.  In this case, the
other "baggage" that PRIBLK carries with it caused the problems.

I ended up doing what you said and used BIAS blocks to terminate the init
chain and soak up the bumps.  I'll probably redesign the scheme later on,
as I'm still not totally happy with it, but it seems to be working well
enough for now.

Thanks,
Corey

"O'Brien, Con" <con.obrien@xxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/21/2006 03:02 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] CHARC block BCALCO generation

I believe this is as-designed.=20

You can only configure a characterisation containing a 'peak' if you set
PRIBLK=3D0. If there's a peak in the curve (ie. it's not continuously
moving in one direction...what's the mathematical term for this?) then
it's not possible to generate a unique value for BCALCO for any value of
BCALCI. So I guess the designers included this as a genuine feature...to
allow you to put such curves in, BCALCO calculation has been disabled
when PRIBLK=3D0.=20

You can check this by trying to configure a curve containing a peak with
PRIBLK=3D1. The ICC will tell you where to go. If you turn PRIBLK off, =
it
goes in fine.=20

If you still need the BCALCO value in your control scheme, you can
configure a dummy BIAS block upstream of the CHARC, and use it to
terminate the initialisation chain.=20

Con O'Brien
Bulwer Island