Re: [foxboro] CHARC block BCALCO generation

  • From: "O'Brien, Con" <con.obrien@xxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:52:29 +0800

Aargh, this annoying Outlook text formatting!! Original message repeated
below, hopefully without text artefacts...

I believe this is as-designed.=20

You can only configure a characterisation containing a 'peak' if you set
PRIBLK=3D0. If there's a peak in the curve (ie. it's not continuously
moving in one direction...what's the mathematical term for this?) then
it's not possible to generate a unique value for BCALCO for any value of
BCALCI. So I guess the designers included this as a genuine feature...to
allow you to put such curves in, BCALCO calculation has been disabled
when PRIBLK=3D0.=20

You can check this by trying to configure a curve containing a peak with
PRIBLK=3D1. The ICC will tell you where to go. If you turn PRIBLK off, =
it
goes in fine.=20

If you still need the BCALCO value in your control scheme, you can
configure a dummy BIAS block upstream of the CHARC, and use it to
terminate the initialisation chain.=20

Con O'Brien
Bulwer Island=20