Re: [foxboro] Alarm Manager Configuration; user_disp and Foxpanel

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:57:54 +0100

If I understand correctly you want to call up displays by pressing a button
on the ann panel? Wouldn't it be more usefull if the operator uses the
block detail button on the alarm display? Or create an extra,custom button
on the CAD display using the references from the alarm? Or floor operators
use windows stations and exceed emulation, they haven't got ann panels but
still have to be able to call up displays related to the alarm on the cad
page. We simply use the block detail in that case, but i can imagine it
would be possible to use other references from the alarm to call other
displays via a custom made button on the cad page....

Rgds,

Dirk Pauwels - DCS/MOC coordinator
Engineering dept.
Hexion Specialty Chemicals
E mail: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
T.  +32.(0)3.570.95.97
F.  +32.(0)3.570.16.09
Mob. +32.(0)497.428.300

             "Weiss, Andreas"
             <Andreas.Weiss@in
             novene.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [foxboro] Alarm Manager
             17/01/2008 10:41          Configuration; user_disp and
                                       Foxpanel

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

Hi,

the alarm manager command "user_disp" functionality is based on the
Foxpanel or Annunciator keyboard configuration (/usr/fox/alarms/*pan
*tab files).

How can I configure a relationsship between display and compound:block
for ALL displays that we have? The Foxpanel configuration is limited to
a low number of buttons. This is acceptable for that specific case.

But what can I do in the case where I want create thousands of
relationsships between compound:blocks and displays? Or is it possible
to configure virtual buttons within Foxpanel or within the source files?

use case: The operator should be able to call up a display for every
compound:block in the current alarm display.

Regards,
Andreas