[foxboro] Troubles with the Checkpointfile

  • From: patric.bonavetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:28:01 +0100

Hi,
We use different releases of IA Fox-Systems (6.2 - 8.1, Solaris, NT, XP).

In my opinion, the checkpoint-file will be generated, updated after
CIO-Config changes, with the current CP-Image.
And after a reboot the checkpointfile will get loaded in the CP.

The problem is, we never know the state of the Checkpointfile. So, its
state can be like the state we had, months ago, when we
did some changes on the cio.

So if we get a power failure on the system, and all CP's reboot, an "old"
checkpointfile get loaded and we get a state of the system we don't want.
Motors, pumps, etc. starts, they weren't running before the failure, but
they were running during last checkpoint (Months ago).

I would like to get the system after reboot in a safe state. Best would be
the default values of the cio-config. (Workfile)

Any ideas?

Regards Patric