Re: [foxboro] Troubles with the Checkpointfile

  • From: steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:39:56 -0500

Patric,

Assuming that you have implemented some sort of interlock scheme, one of
the elegant solutions was to use 2 blocks, a CIN and a SWCH, that control
the interlock.  The CIN block will be configured to initialize in manual
(INITMA = 0).  The SWCH block then "monitors" the MA status of the CIN
block and controls the interlock status.  When the CIN block is in manual,
the SWCH block will set its output to 1, which engages the interlock
condition.  When the CIN block is in auto, the SWCH block will set its
output to 0, which will clear the interlock.  This interlock mechanism
should be established in each CP.  When a CP reboots, the interlock will be
triggered and any unwanted states loaded from the checkpoint file will be
overridden.

Steve Shimp
Maintenance & Systems Engineer
ExxonMobil Paulsboro Lube Plant
phone: 856.224.5059      cell: 609.820.8501      fax: 856.224.5030
email:  steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx