[foxboro] Sys Mon on our Engineering Machine

  • From: Larry Mantei <Larry.Mantei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 07:47:32 -0800

If we close Sys Mon on our Engineering box (P91) and the operators open it on
ether of their boxes (P91 & P92) we cannot reopen Sys Mon even if we close it
on their boxes. If I remember this right we have to reboot our boxes to get it
back. Why does this happen? Our Eng box is the main server for our thin clients
and runs the Aim* historian. Also I thought that Sys Mon could only run on
instance at a time on our system. But the operators can open it after we have
opened ours, so it can run on all three boxes at once. I don't think this is
the way this should work...but then again I don't understand everything I know
about this system.

Thank You for Your Support

Larry Mantei
Process Control