[foxboro] Linux Thin Client as G Box Display

  • From: John.Spigel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:45:29 -0500

Hello all knowing list members,
I have been investigating using the latest linux thin clients in X as DM
HMI displays with telnet. . We are 95% successful in getting the
touchscreens,colors and fonts with NFS working on 6.1.1. What does not work
is blinking colors. All else looks well. I have all but given up on the
blinking. The plan is to move these over to a G box running 7.1.1.  On the
G box the fonts will work, but no progress on the colors. I cannot imagine
what would be different. The color pallette has been brought over, but
still no success.  Exceed works well on both systems.  I know there has
been success in varying degrees on the older systems with versions on linux
What could be different on the G box? The thin clients should be a benefit
based on cost,, simple setup and maintenance.  We are not winning on the
simple part.

John Spigel
Clariant Coporation