[foxboro] KVM Extension

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:07:35 +0100

Hi list,

we use KVM Extenders and KVM matrix switches from Guntermann & Drunck
http://www.gdsys.de
  (english version available) with very good success. They're
available in copper versions (up to 300m) and fibre versions (2-10km).
I don't know about international availability and support, just call
them.

Best regards
Marcel Sieling
Senior Application Consultant
Invensys Germany

sent from my iPhone.

Am 11.02.2009 um 20:31 schrieb "Goldie, Shaun S"
<Shaun.Goldie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 >:

> Hi List
> Has anybody out there tried the P90's Remote Graphics Unit in a P92
>
> I purchased a P92 Quad 21" NEC LCD's and Foxboro 100 foot (30M) VGA
> Extension cables the video quality is un-acceptable (operations told
> me
> to go away).
> I tried UTP extenders and they are not much better
> To do a tidy install I need about 40M
>
> The RGU is not qualified for a P92 by Foxboro and it aint cheap but it
> compares well with 4*Fibre VGA Extension + Keybord extension
> The RGU also achieves DVI extension which is probably the video mode
> we
> should be aiming for now
> Shaun
>

> NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information
> that is confidential, legally privileged or proprietary.  It is
> intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the
> intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
> message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
> this message in error. Any dissemination, copying, use or re-
> transmission of this message or attachment, or the disclosure of any
> information therein, is strictly forbidden. BlueScope Steel Limited
> does not represent or guarantee that this message or attachment is
> free of errors, virus or interference.
>
> If you have received this message in error please notify the sender
> immediately and delete the message.  Any views expressed in this
> email are not necessarily the views of BlueScope Steel Limited.

> Process
> Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company). Use the info you obtain here
> at
> your own risks. Read http://www.thecassandraproject.org/
> disclaimer.html

> foxboro
> to subscribe:         mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?
> subject=join
> to unsubscribe:      mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?
> subject=leave

* Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail and any associated files are intended solely for the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. Please do not copy it or use it for any
purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Further, this e-mail
and any associated files may be confidential and further may be legally
privileged. This email is from the Invensys Process Systems business unit of
Invensys plc which is a company registered in England and Wales with its
registered office at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BF
(Registered number 166023).  For a list of European legal entities within the
Invensys Process Systems business group, please click here
http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.

If you have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status.
Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Thank you for your co-operation. You may contact our Helpdesk on
+44 (0)20 7821 3859 / 2105 or email inet.hqhelpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This e-mail
and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements
between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient
(and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).