[foxboro] Alarms On Served Terminals

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:32:50 -0500

I am following the discussion on alarm acknowledgement without GCIO with
great interest. I don't see a definitive answer on the 'F12' key.
Lacking a standard key, I like the 'dmcmd' approach and attach it to a
key.

There's another question that is raised by this discussion about
terminals. I have limited experience with terminals; just a few remote
information displays on PCs not requiring operator functionality.
Several users mentioned previously about using P91 Server for Windows
and bunches of XP PCs in the control room instead of more expensive AW
workstations. Users of terminals, do you get audible alarming through
these terminals and if you do, how do you silence the horn? If you don't
get audibles, what do you use for audibles in the control room and how
do you silence? Horn contact and panel pushbutton? Something else?

Thanks.
=20

Best Regards,

Ken Heywood, Marketing/Project Consultant
Process Control Services, Inc.
401 Industrial Drive
Plymouth, MI 48170-1885

'PCS means Providing Customer Satisfaction'

Business Phone: (734) 453-0620
Facsimile: (734) 453-6008
Mobile Phone: (508) 241-2040
Text Message: 5082412040@xxxxxxxxx (160 character limit)
PCS Web: http://www.pcsmi.com <http://www.pcsmi.com/>=20

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The information contained in this transmittal
is confidential. It is intended for the addressee(s) stated above. If
you are not an addressee you should not disclose, copy, circulate or in
any other way use the information contained in this transmission. Such
unauthorized use may be unlawful. If you received this transmission in
error, please reply to me immediately so that the error can be corrected
promptly.