[fgmlug] Re: Lists, what to post where?

  • From: chuq <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fgmlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:36:40 -0500

Like I stated earlier from what I remember at a lug meeting and a dev
group meeting was that the idea for having the various lists was to
minimize the amount of mail that fgm list users would receive due to our
bantering back and forth, talking about software and hardware issues,
distros, etc... unless of course it related directly to the warehouse
operations.

So if my memory serves me correctly this is the run down of what should
go where:

FGM List -- Warehouse schedule changes, closures, etc, FGM News, FreeBox
info, etc along those lines -- I believe any announcements such as Lug
Meetings should be announced on both lists as there are a few LUG list
users who are not on the FGM list, and that would be a good way to cross
promote the LUG.
FGMLUG  -- bantering back and forth, software, hardware issues, anyhting
not directly related to FGM, Warehouse, or its operations therein.
Devgroup -- by invite only, those who are there know what goes there..
(I guess that would be a good way of putting it! lol)

If I do not remember this correctly please someone who was present
clarify this. (Tom)

Chuq

Either I have clarified this, or really just made a muck of things!