RE: problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL Domains

  • From: "Mike Duncan" <mduncan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:50:38 -0500

John laid it all out pretty well.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Prabhakar Kamuni [mailto:prkamuni@xxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:30 PM
        To: [ExchangeList]
        Subject: [exchangelist] RE: problem only with sending Emails to
Yahoo and AOL Domains

        http://www.MSExchange.org/

        Hi,

        The Ip address that the internet sees is static (202.x.x.x but
it does not have any reverse lookup and this ip doesnt have ptr record
and not even mx record becuase this is intrenal mail server local)

        Internal mail server will not use the External SMTP service
(it will exchnage smtp service )

"John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

08/05/2005 12:47 AM
Please respond to
"[ExchangeList]"

"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[exchangelist] RE: problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL
Domains

        http://www.MSExchange.org/
        Some of the Internet e-mail server basics: (If you want to
operate an e-mail server on the Internet there are basics you must
follow.)

        The IP address that the Internet sees your e-mail coming from
must be static.
        The IP address that the Internet sees your e-mail coming from
must have a PTR record, otherwise known as a Reverse Lookup entry.
        The domain for your e-mail address must have properly configured
required records, such as A records, NS records and MX records.

        So have your internal Exchange server send outgoing e-mail to a
smart host, your external mail server with a static IP.

        Make sure that all the required DNS records for that server are
in place.

        Now, if you want us to help you specifically, you must provide
us with specific details.

        John T
        eServices For You