dial-up, VPN to access Exchange server hang

  • From: "Kevin Chen" <kchen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:44:27 -0700

I have a user who uses his laptop to remote access MS Exchange server, he uses
dial-up (Earthlink) and VPN (Dial-up Networking), then launch MS outlook to
access his mailbox on server, his laptop runs Windows ME, he has never been
able to get a clean connection, often time he sees "Retry  Off-line Help"
message three, four times before he can connect and when he connect, Outlook
sometimes just hang, we use straight PPTP connection (no IPSEC), anyone has any
idea?

Thanks.

Kevin