Re: X.400 question

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:09:35 -0000

Hi Mike

The recipient update effectively stopping or being slow was a problem I used
to have when running the trial version of 2003. Upgrading to the release
version fixed it fortunately. The only way I ever managed to fix this issue
prior to upgrading was to restart the System Attendant!!! Sometimes simply
syncing the domain may resolve the issue if it just a latency issue. You can
also try rebuilding the rebuilding or updating the RUS manually too.

See TechNet article 328972. Whilst this article is for 2000 it describes
exactly the scenario I had. I thus suspect that this is a bug that has
reared its ugly head again in early versions of 2003. There was no 2003 fix
at that time. I don't know about now I'm afraid.

I have found that even on a single server the service can take almost 5
minutes to update a newly created user on occasions, even with a domain
sync. So on a larger domain you may well just have to wait I guess.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on if you get a chance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.