RE: Windows 2003 Active Directory

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:11:14 -0800

That is a reasonable business assessed risk.

I always want to have at least 2 Domain Controllers even for the smallest
non-SBS shops, both of which should be global catalog servers (which
provides for Exchange/Outlook to use secondary).

Hardware faults can cause software corruption.
I don't want rebooting a DC (service pack, patches) to cause email users to
have to wait.