RE: Veritas Backup with Exchange Agent

  • From: "Knutsen, Vicki" <vickik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:48:11 -0700

Ok that is helpful
But I am looking at the specific job properties and there is a tab titled
"Advanced" and it wants me to make a selection for Open File Backup and the
options are:

1)Use Open File option if available, otherwise back up open files
  Never
  If closed within _____ seconds
  With a lock
  Without a lock

Should one of these be checked since I am also backing up other systems at
the same time as the Exchange Server? And will any of these options affect
the Exchange backup?

Vicki Knutsen
Information Systems Administrator
Northwest District LCMS - www.nowlcms.org
1-888-693-5267 ext 129

Prov 16:9
9       In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his
steps. (NIV)